New GAO Reports and TestimoniesSource: Government Accountability Office
1. U.S. Postal Service: Field Offices’ Role in Cost-Reduction and Revenue-Generation Efforts. GAO-12-506, April 25.
Highlights – http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/590405.pdf
2. Patent and Trademark Office: New User Fee Design Presents Opportunities to Build on Transparency and Communication Success. GAO-12-514R, April 25.
1. Agency Operations: Agencies Must Continue to Comply with Fiscal Laws Despite the Possibility of Sequestration, by Susan A. Poling, deputy general counsel, before the House Committee on the Budget. GAO-12-675T, April 25.
Highlights – http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/590394.pdf
2. Aviation Safety: FAA Is Taking Steps to Improve Data, but Challenges for Managing Safety Risks Remain, by Gerald L. Dillingham, Ph.D., director, physical infrastructure issues, before the Subcommittee on Aviation, House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure. GAO-12-660T, April 25.
Highlights – http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/590390.pdf
3. Medicaid: Federal Oversight of Payments and Program Integrity Needs Improvement, by Carolyn L. Yocom, director health care, before the Subcommittees on Health Care, District of Columbia, Census and the National Archives and Regulatory Affairs, Stimulus Oversight and Government Spending, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. GAO-12-674T, April 25.
Highlights – http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/590391.pdf
4. Missile Defense: Opportunities Exist to Strengthen Acquisitions by Reducing Concurrency and Improving Parts Quality, by Cristina Chaplain, director, acquisition and sourcing management, before the Subcommittee on Strategic Forces, Senate Committee on Armed Services GAO-12-600T, April 25.
Highlights – http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/590411.pdf